Sunday, November 8, 2009

The Stranger Post #2

I feel like Mersault is not really a stranger anymore. It feels as if we know him we've learned that he is withdrawn and he tends to look at things in a very nonchalant way that suits him. His attutide and outlook is something that I have become quite used to.

But now that he is in jail and able to reflect. His attitude is changing and its getting a bit weird. His change is slow and it is giving the reader a chance to see the new and imporved Mersault but still it is something that was slightly unexpected.

Call me cynical, but I really like Mersault. I love that he had the ability to be uncaring in so many different situations. I think that it makes him the most honest character in the book and its good to be able to depend on someone who will tell the truth. The reader can see that all the other characters are obviously clouded by emotion and thoughts and most likely let everything get in the way of honesty.

Mersault is the one person that the reader can count on to be himself no matter what and I really liked seeing things from his point of view.

I envy him a little to be honest. There are times when I wish that I could be unfeeling but at the same time totally honest. I think that I would love to be Mersault for a day and see how people would react to and honest person that was completely nonchalant and indifferent to those around him. I feel like sometimes I really need to pull a Mersault. To maybe be someone else for a moment. Would that mean that I'm fake? Is it even possible to not care?

What would happen then? It makes me curious.

No comments:

Post a Comment